As an interior designer the number one piece of advice I would give anyone that is decorating their home interior is
Radiant Orchid has been named Pantone’s Colour of 2014. I think this is a fabulous, vibrant, fun yet captivating colour that can definitely be introduced to our interiors. Lets explore some ways to do this.
- Use Radiant Orchid for upholstery on your accent chairs and for scatter cushions.
- Yellow or Gold compliments Radiant Orchid but don’t over do it. Less is more.
- Radiant Orchid walls in the right room could work a treat.
- Not wanting to change your whole interior? Buy some radiant orchid toned flowers to bring your room up to date.
- Play with the varying tones of Radiant Orchid, along with the shades and tints surrounding it using them for for a variety of elements in your room. This will add depth and interest.
- Pair Radiant Orchid with white if you are wanting a subtler look, grey/brown for drama and yellow for a bold effect.
- Finally add some quirk to your room (i.e. an animal coffee table perhaps?) to make it more eye catching and memory making.
I’d love to hear how you use Radiant Orchid, feel free to comment below.
Below are some more ideas of ways to use Radiant Orchid in your home:
Proposed foyer design for Performing Arts Co.
A few Friday nights ago we went into the city to take in the amazing atmosphere at Vivid Sydney 2013. We enjoyed dinner and drinks first at the Opera Bar and then wandered around Circular Quay and The Rocks to see all the different visual light displays.
I couldn’t help but let my designer mind go to thinking how some of the amazing images that were projected onto the Opera House could be used in Interior spaces. So to capture this creative thinking I have put together a 3D image for an Old Warehouse of a Performing Arts Company that shows what some Vivid could look like in a Commercial setting (pictured above). The proposed foyer would have a huge artwork image of the opera house (vivid a fied) hanging in the foyer with some quirky performing arts bowler hats as pendants and tan leather barcelona chairs to create a warm friendly welcome to any visitors.
I hope you had the opportunity to go and see Vivid Sydney 2013, if you didn’t have a look at the slideshow I put together of some of the photos we took. I would also love to read your thoughts and experiences of Vivid Sydney 2013 so feel free to comment below.
My husband and I recently went on a weekend retreat to Hyams Beach, it was really lovely to get away for a break where we could soak up the sun, surf and well the amazingly white sand of Hyams….. striking!
On our last day we explored the nearby national park and did some fishing, bush walking and swimming along with dolphin and shark viewing.
Below I have included some photo’s of what we discovered along with a concept board for a living area that was inspired by our lil beach jaunt.
Hope you enjoy the pics, if you would like to work with My Decorator on a room you have that you want to freshen up we would love to hear from you.
Just call 0439 081 072 and we can discuss a course of action!! Talk soon.