This style crush is all about Iris Apfel.
Iris was born on the 29th August 1921 which makes her 97. I was drawn to Iris when
Radiant Orchid has been named Pantone’s Colour of 2014. I think this is a fabulous, vibrant, fun yet captivating colour that can definitely be introduced to our interiors. Lets explore some ways to do this.
- Use Radiant Orchid for upholstery on your accent chairs and for scatter cushions.
- Yellow or Gold compliments Radiant Orchid but don’t over do it. Less is more.
- Radiant Orchid walls in the right room could work a treat.
- Not wanting to change your whole interior? Buy some radiant orchid toned flowers to bring your room up to date.
- Play with the varying tones of Radiant Orchid, along with the shades and tints surrounding it using them for for a variety of elements in your room. This will add depth and interest.
- Pair Radiant Orchid with white if you are wanting a subtler look, grey/brown for drama and yellow for a bold effect.
- Finally add some quirk to your room (i.e. an animal coffee table perhaps?) to make it more eye catching and memory making.
I’d love to hear how you use Radiant Orchid, feel free to comment below.
Below are some more ideas of ways to use Radiant Orchid in your home: