I love spring. Over the weekend we went on a little road trip out west to see our family and it was so beautiful driving through the lush green country side seeing fields of canola, cute lambs and foals playing in paddocks, wild daisy’s growing by the side of the road, the sun was shining and there was such a breath of new life in the air.
I thought I would write todays post about a few simple changes you can make that will help bring that spring vibe that we all love into our homes. You will see from the above moodboards the difference a few changes can make. Note the furniture remains the same, this is to illustrate how easy it is to tweak your living room to create a new look.
Here are my top 6 tips on how to style a new spring inspired living room.
1. Flowers – go outside and pick some beautiful spring flowers and feature them in your living room, front and centre on the coffee table for all to see and enjoy.
2. Scatter cushions – store away your winter wools, and warm toned cushions and hit the shops to buy some new cotton, light weight fabric and brightly coloured spring ones. Let nature inspire your design and colour selections.
3. Rugs – roll up and store that heavy wool brown toned rug and replace it with a nice blue/green cotton one, it will give your room an instant freshen up.
4. Paint job – get your paint brush out and paint your walls (or even just 1) a nice fresh clear spring tone as pictured.
5. Art – bring out your brighter art and feature it.
6. Decorator pieces – store away any warm toned decorator pieces and use white, bright pastel toned artefacts that you love instead. I have added a quirky Abigail Ahern rabbit lamp to my spring room, it’s good to be unpredictible and add some quirkiness to rooms. I have also removed the old vintage box and added a rustic screen and ceramic stool instead.
I hope I have inspired you to bring some spring goodness to your living room.
Enjoy the sunshine and happy decorating! Prue