Now there are bookshelves and then there are bookshelves. As long as I can remember I have always loved a well styled bookshelf, one that tells me something about the owner, one that tells a story and captures the imagination…. over the top? Maybe but hey, I say it’s time to make our boring book filled bookshelves beautiful.
6 Easy steps on how to style your bookshelf
- Take everything out of the bookshelf and begin with a clean canvas.
- Start putting your books into your shelf – books can be placed on the shelf both vertically and horizontally.
- Next…. add family photos, framed small pieces of art to your shelves.
- Place other meaningful decorative objects such as an interesting sculpture, a trinket that you received as a gift from your children or mother… basically anything that adds texture and interest to the bookshelf.
- Don’t be afraid of empty spaces. Let the shelf breath and don’t overcrowd it.
- Lastly don’t make your styling too showroom perfect, you want your guests to feel relaxed in your lounge room not uptight – have some fun with it!
I hope you feel inspired to update the look of your bookshelf, I’d love to read your comments below about any tips and tricks that you use.